Google

Shoe Repair

in the News

Click here for all of the headlines

Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts
Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tips from SSIA Professionals
 Ask the Experts
 Replace a boot heel and make it flat?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lostlittlegirl

1 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  12:13:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hey! One heel of my leather boots broke sometime back, I tried to get it fixed with a new heel with a repair guy but that glue came off that within 2 days of wearing it.
Although I loved heels earlier, now I prefer flat boots as they are more comfortable. Can someone tell me if there's any way of converted stiletto heel boots into flat ones? Is it even possible?

And if yes, what do I tell the repair guy to do? Please do help me, it makes me sad looking at these beautiful leather babies just gathering dust...

Randy Lipson

427 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  12:58:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Randy Lipson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Do the the boots original construction, you can not make it a flat. You need to find someone who can attach the heel block and make sure it stays attached. Glue will not be enough to keep it on the boot. There are steel braces that can be installed inside most boots to attach the heel block. Find a better repair shop in your area.

Randy Lipson
Cobblestone Shoe Repair
St. Louis, Mo.
636-532-1046
randy@cobblestoneshoerepair.com
www.cobblestoneshoerepair.com
Go to Top of Page

Hartland

784 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2009 :  07:54:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Hartland's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Like Randy said, you can't change it to a flat heel, but Maybe, you could change it to a Shorter, Stockier heel...as in this picture. I know the picture doesn't show a stiletto heel, but it still shows a shorter high heel: the customer had the same problem as you.

Gene's Hartland Shoe Repair - Saint Paul MN
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shoe Repair Forum - SSIA's Ask the Experts © 2014 Shoe Service Institute of America Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000